mckenna + associates
We at mckenna + associates take personal privacy very seriously and respect the privacy needs of our valued customers. We take steps to ensure that your data is used and stored in a secure manner and complies with EU General Data Protection Directive – GDPR for the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We have created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of your information and to explain to you our use of your information
Maintaining the privacy of your information is of paramount importance to us as it helps foster confidence, goodwill and stronger relationships with you, our customers. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Statement should be read in conjunction with Terms and Conditions / contracts.
- Who we are
We are mckenna + associates and throughout this Privacy Statement ‘we’, ‘us’. ‘our’, and ‘ours’ refers to mckenna + associates. For more information about us, see our website at www.mckennaarchitecture.com
2.The information we collect about you
We will hold:
- Information that you provide to us when using our Website;
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence for as long as it is necessary regarding the nature of your contact;
- Data to identify you, including contact details;
Your name, Address and contact number and email address.
- We need your personal data to enable us to provide and/or co-ordinate our architectural design and associated services to you, and so that we can carry out our obligations arising from any contract agreed with you. We do not seek any data that does not aid us in providing this service to you.
The personal data that we collect includes
- Home Addresses
- Postal addresses
- Post codes
- Job title and place of work as part of a planning application.
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Details of your property ownership as part of a planning application or legal mapping brief.
- Proposed site locations as part of a planning application.
- Family details as may be required as part of a planning application to prove local need.
- Personal background details as part of a planning application to prove local need.
- Information to hold on our accounts system in order to comply with Irish Tax Legislation.
- Records of discussions and communications we have had with you.
- Other specific information you may volunteer to us such as relevant medical information required as part of our planning and design service.
- Social media contact details
We do not collect any special category information such as race, religion or political information.
Your data will also allow us to act on your behalf during your project, and engage with other necessary/recommended 3rd party consultants with your consent.
In addition, your data is kept on our accounts system to facilitate the provision of our service to you.
3.How we collect information about you
We collect information in many ways:
- Information provided by you via our website, email, phone, social media platforms.
- Information provided to us by third parties, including job search engines.
How we use your information;
We use your data to allow us to provide our services to you. Some examples of how we may process your data are below (non-exhaustive list):
- Use is required in relation to a service or a contract you have entered into –g. a contract of engagement between you and mckenna + associates;
- Given the nature of the architectural services we provide, 3rd party consultants are needed from time to time on a given brief in order to facilitate progression of your project. We will only share your data to a given 3rd party consultant who is necessary/recommended for your project, and this includes initial data necessary to obtain a quote on your behalf.
- Other 3rd party consultants typically could include (non-exhaustive list): Structural Engineers, BER Assessors, Quantity Surveyors, M & E Engineers, Traffic Engineers, Visualization Consultants, GPS Surveyors, Planning Consultants, Ecologists, Hydrologist, Archaeologists, Passive House Designers, main contractors, sub-contractors, heating and ventilation suppliers/designers etc.
- If you explicitly agree and give consent for a 3rd party consultant to contact you directly to discuss terms we will send them your name, mobile number, site address, and/or email as part of the quote seeking process).
- We do not sell or lease any customer lists to 3rd parties.
- In keeping records of meetings
- In eeping records of direct enquiries
- In preparation of initial quotes
- In preparation of a project brief
- In administration of projects
- In preparation of various forms and documents for applications on your behalf (Planning Applications, Fire certs, DACS, BCMS, other statutory certs)
- On drawings and visualizations
- In issuing of invoices
- In preparation of construction stage contracts
- In certifications
- In emails and letters
- In legal reports
We collect and use your personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
- You have given your consent;
- It is necessary to fulfil our contract with you;
- It is necessary and proportionate for the performance of our functions under the Building Control Act 2007 and as set out in our Constitution; namely but not limited to, supporting, regulating and promoting the practice of architecture in Ireland;
4.How we keep your information safe
We know that you care about how your information is used, stored, and shared. We at mckenna + associates take appropriate measures that comply with Irish Law. Our IT systems meet international standards of security, while physical file storage is subject to safeguards, such as secure premises and filing systems.
All sensitive data is stored on servers behind a constantly maintained firewall using encryption. Our database servers are secured by additional access restrictions, and all sensitive data is stored using encryption.
Our data centres are monitored 24×7 for all aspects of operational security and performance. They are also equipped with state-of-the-art security for intrusion detection.
5.Use of third parties
In order that we may provide you with our services we may share your information with:
- Your authorised representatives;
Third parties with whom:
- You ask us to share your information;
- Service providers who provide us with support services;
- Statutory and regulatory bodies;
6.How long we hold your data
While we do not wish to hold your information for longer than is required, we are subject to legislative and regulatory rules that we must follow.
7.Implications of not providing your data
If you do not provide information, we may not be able to provide services, or maintain services.
8.Your rights in relation to your information
The GDPR regulations, effective on May 25th, 2018, give you enhanced rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to:
- Access to your information and copies of your information;
- Have information corrected and updated;
- Object to a particular use of your information;
- Deletion or restriction of use of your information, in certain circumstances;
- Obtain a portable copy of your information;
- To withdraw consent, where processing is based on consent.
How to exercise your rights
We hope you are satisfied with the way in which we use your information. However, you have the right to tell us if you:
- Don’t want to be contacted in the future by us;
- Would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you;
- Would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records;
- Wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, you can contact us at email@example.com
or writing to us at mckenna + associates, High Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15E2Y0.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission at:
Lo call 1890 252 231
Acceptance of this Privacy Statement
By your use of this Website, you signify that you have read this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, we recommend that you discontinue use of the Website and your engagement with us.
You can check the “Version” date below to see when the notice was last changed. We encourage you to check this notice often so that you can continue to be aware of how we are protecting your personal information.
Version 0.1 – 09th December 2019.