mckenna + associates have a newly created opportunity for an Architectural Technologist with 3+ years post graduate experience working in a busy office environment on residential & commercial design and all associated specifications & documentation.
The role will involve assistance in the planning, design and construction administration of various project types. The individual will coordinate & manage projects throughout the design process which will include liaising with clients, members of the external project team and associated professionals, contractors and suppliers.
The individual will be involved from the inception of a project to the design phase and the working up of a planning application through to submission to the relevant local authority. The individual must also be able to demonstrate experience in the preparation of working drawings and tender packages; a good working knowledge of the Irish planning process, building regulations and guidelines and the ability to work well within a team as well as on their own initiative.
The individual must hold the below:
- To be proficient in AutoCAD / CAD design
- To have a good understanding of SketchUp
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience working in client facing roles
- Ability to take the technical lead through architecture, design and implementation of bespoke projects.
- 3+years’ experience
- Strong residential experience
- Full Irish Driving Licence and their own vehicle
- The successful individual will report to the managing director.
Applications by e-mail or post to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the RIAI