mckenna + associates have a newly created opportunity for an Architectural Technologist with 3+ years post graduate experience working on residential & commercial design and all associated specifications & documentation.
The role will initially involve the preparation of measured building surveys, planning application and Tenders of various project types. The individual will be involved in each project from initial survey stage to tendering. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the Irish planning process, building regulations and guidelines and the ability to work well on their own initiative and within a small team. There is an opportunity here for a candidate to be given increased responsibility in line with experience and capability after a period of assessment.
The Candidate must have the following:
• Attention to detail
• To be proficient in AutoCAD / CAD design
• A good understanding of SketchUp
• Good communication & interpersonal skills
• 3+years’ experience
• Strong residential experience
• Full Irish Driving Licence and their own vehicle
• Immediate vacant position
• The successful individual will report to the managing director.
• Degree / Diploma qualification in Architectural Technology
• Full working knowledge of Building Regulations and overall technical knowledge
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Good administration skills
• Self -starter
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment with a high level of attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of people
Preparing detailed CAD drawings for planning and tendering purposes.
Carrying out measured building surveys and preparing CAD drawings of same.
To apply for this position email your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Founded in 2006 by Michael McKenna, mckenna + associates, based in Trim, Co. Meath is a growing team of friendly, enthusiastic and open-minded Registered Architects and Chartered Building Surveyors. Together we have a background of experience in residential, commercial and industrial projects and share a culture of excellence. With over 65 years’ experience, the team at mckenna + associates will work with you right from the beginning no matter how big or small your project is.